Saturday, March 13, 2010

40's records & 40's inspired dresses

Andy and I love going to thrift stores and looking for records.
This is our record player (that I bought Andy when we were engaged 8 years ago) from Restoration Hardware. Andy likes to say that the great thing about it is, "It's so low-tech, when the girls break it, I can just open it up and fix it with a pair of pliers." haha

Our 10 year old neighbor came over one day, and when he saw the record player he exclaimed, "What is this thing? You can see it
moving?"

Check out the great box sets we got last weekend! Half off that day too!

The Swing Years, 1936 - 1946

and The Unforgettable Glenn Miller, 72 of his greatest
Original Recordings

Then I was fortunate enough to find these two 40's inspired dresses on Amazon, and use my Amazon credit to buy them for the girls.

How much do I wish they were my size?!

By the way, the pearls were all Zoe's doing. They look so cute with this dress too.

Here are a few close-ups because I am so crazy about them =)




Really, really wish they were my size... Kind of April Cornell,
but retro ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I am a thrift store hound myself. I love fingering through rows of records. Glenn Miller is pretty common but those look like they're in great condition. If you're ever looking for something specific, and are willing to order it online and have it sent to you. Try GEMM.com . GEMM is the best and most comprehensive source for vinyl records on the internet.

    ReplyDelete