Friday, February 19, 2010

happy around the house
& big developments with Ashley

This is the first toy or lovey of any kind that Ashley has ever had, and it is her toy dog, Bernease. (the bond with this toy began several months ago and I couldn't be happier about it) She puts our real dog's old red coat on it, and her halter and leashes. She takes Bernease with her everywhere she goes :-)




click a photo to see it larger
Another first was last weekend, when Ashley saw something she wanted badly in a store. Just as she never had an attachment to a toy until recently, she also never asked for anything while we were out shopping either.

Then, last weekend in Target she did want something... These retro-inspired floral pants =] She made a sudden sharp turn away from us, directly to the spot where the pants hung at her level. She picked them up, held them against her legs, and looked down longingly. Sensing my response, she turned to me and said, "They're not too small, Mommy."

They were in fact too small though, so I (fortunately) found the right size, and woohoo, they were only $10 (phew). She couldn't wait to put them on when we got to the car. Andy says they look just like a tablecloth his grandmother had ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Yay Ashley! I celebrate each one of these little victories with my boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ashley!!!
    I'm so excited to hear about these developments! You must be ecstatic!!!
    Miss you guys :)
    Love you! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Betsy! I cherish them!

    Catherine!!! Oh I miss you!!! Love you! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I am so happy for you. These moments are your reward for all your dedicated and loving care. Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Those pants will always be a great memory, grandma's tablecloth or not! I'm celebrating with you miss Kelly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is such wonderful news, Kelly! I agree that these moments are rewards for all your amazing care. Flowered pants and toy dogs ... sweet, sweet milestones. Adore all the photos!

    Love and hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, the little steps and milestones to be cherished after working so hard for them! The ones that others take for granted. I, too, went through very similar issues with my first daughter. I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete